About Me

I am a mother of 4 girls and 1 boy and have the most AMAZING husband in the world. We are a blended family living life to its fullest. Having once been married into a life of domestic violence for over 6 years, I am a survivor who has been blessed beyond measure. God has given me a desire to help other women who have felt the pain of abuse and the destruction it leaves behind. Whether living in it, leaving it, or already left I hope that through this blog I can shed some light on the darkness as I reflect my experiences and continue WALKING IN THE LIGHT.

Monday, August 7, 2017

When the Enemy Wins



 
 
When I was a little girl, I remember my parents singing a song in church that said, “I may lose a battle now and then, but I’ve already won the war.” If you are young, you probably won’t even know this song, and I’ve just revealed my age. If you’re older, the tune to this song probably just popped into your head. It’s one of the songs that I have remembered throughout my years. Some of us would do well to listen to the words of songs that were written generations before us (and all of God’s older children say “Amen”). Music style changes throughout life, but God’s word is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Rather than complaining about the music style, look at the words and let them speak to your heart. They are timeless treasures that have been given to us. Take a moment to read over the words of this song:
Verse:
This ol’ world’s a battlefield where we must fight each day
To overcome the evil one and send him on his way
 Like a man ‘or his Almighty God, and there’s no greater
 Near or far
 I may lose a battle now and then, but I’ve already won the war.
 
Verse:
When you’re afraid and all alone, and think that no one cares
When the daily task of getting by has caused you to despair
Just take God’s word into your heart and on His promise Stand
You know, you may lose a battle now and then, but the
victory’s in God’s hand.

 Bridge:
You can have this confidence that helps to see you through
If you’ll but give Him residence and let Him live inside of You

Verse:
He never promised that it’s easy, but salvation’s worth some Scars
I may lose a battle now and then…
Oh, but I’ve already won,
 And the victory’s mine,
I’ve already won the war
 
I’ll have to admit that when I started this blog 6 years ago, I didn’t get far before the enemy came in to discourage me; a battle that I lost and gave up.  There’s been so many lost opportunities that God could have used to speak to others, because day after day, I let the enemy win the “You’re not good enough” battle, rather than standing firm in my identity in Christ. But as long as we are still living, we have the opportunity to put on the armor and resist the devil (Ephesians 6:10).  It’s a choice that each of us have to make.

 Luke 9:23 says, “Then he said to them all, ‘Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.’”  

We can’t do that if we are too busy listening to the lies of the enemy. If you are losing that battle daily, and feeling defeated, then you need to look at the end of our story because that’s not how our story ends. It should motivate you to know that God’s already won the war, no matter what the enemy says. We have victory because of Him.  That’s reason to celebrate.

Stop giving the enemy the joy of seeing you discouraged. He sure can’t do anything about his future (or ours), but he will rob you of your happiness if you let him. He will also rob you of opportunities to be a blessing to others.  Thanks to the reminders from some of my fellow Christians, I will resist the enemy when he tries to discourage me from sharing my heart.  The Lord has given each of us talents to be used for His glory. Whatever talent He has given to you, stop letting the enemy discourage you from using it. Allow God to shine bright through you.

“Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. “  (1 Corinthians 15:57)

No comments:

Post a Comment